- We now have GWizard on the Makerworks computers. Check it out and use it to calculate your feeds and speeds.
--Mw-admin 10:29, 19 November 2015 (EST)
- No rings, bracelets or necklaces while doing any machining, regardless of the machine.
- No headphones in the MW at any time.
- Closed toed shoes are required beyond the safety glass line.
--Mw-admin 21:22, 27 October 2015 (EDT)
Sign in / out
Don't forget to sign out please!
--Mw-admin 21:33, 23 August 2015 (EDT)
Note on glue ups
There is now a new policy regarding overnight glue-ups and that will be effective immediately. Please follow the rules below:
- Store glue-ups in the back room. If there is an extenuating circumstance that prevents back room use, please confirm the exception with the on-duty mentor.
- Use back room clamps. If more clamps are required, use those in the front room, however make sure that some clamps are available for others to use.
- Remove projects within 48hrs. For glue-ups made on Wednesday or Thursday, removal is required by the end of shop hours on Monday.
- You must leave a note that includes your name, contact information, date and time on or near the project.
- Use wax paper (available in the front room - ask a mentor if you can't find it) to protect work surfaces.